EXCESSIVE HUMOR AND ITS BAD EFFECTS

by Mohammad Ali on Islamic Brother Forum 

Asalam o alaikum ,

I believe whatever i am going to write below is very very important and is coming straight from my bad experiences in the past. Actually the thing is that, too much humor is sometimes the cause of rifts which arise between relations. A person keeps on being humorous until a time comes when humor becomes his/her habit and he/she is always doing it. At that time that person doesn't realize that he/she can say anything in humor to the other person which he/she doesn't realize but the person with whom they do humor, takes it straight to the heart. By Allah i did humor with some of my friends and they stopped talking to me because of that or became rude with me. I was in search of the reason for a long time. Later when i came to know that they took that humor of mine seriously and started ignoring me because of tat reason. I was very shocked. Seriously. I never thought that my humor, which i did unintentionally out of my habit, could have such a poisonous effect. I just thought it was a light humor, but for them it was big. That's why Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran:
"And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Satan verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Satan is to man a plain enemy." (17:53)

Thing is, Allah Almighty has created all human beings and given them different habits and nature and emotions. So we cannot go on with everyone like we want. Rather we have to understand and respect their emotions and deal with them accordingly. Insha Allah then relations will be best maintained. I learnt this and wanted to share with everyone. I believe that the hadith: "One who believes in Alalh and the Hereafter should say something good, or should keep silent." (Sahih Bukhari) is also meant to avoid these rifts. If we look at the lives of sahaba, they were always very decent with each other. They did humor, but that humor was not always and never crossed limits, because they understood this fact that human beings have different nature and emotions. U never know who gets hurt at what u utter. May Allah help us maintain relations on the footsteps of Holy Prophet sallalaho alayhi wassalam. Ameen. Jazak Allah khair


Disqus Shortname

designcart